Admission Requirements for TI Fellowship
- Applicant must be a full-time student seeking an undergraduate or graduate degree or must have completed an undergraduate or graduate degree.
- Applicant must, at a minimum, have completed his/her sophomore year as of June 2014.
- Applicant must be 28 years of age or younger.
TI Fellowship Components
- TI Fellows will be required to complete a full-time summer internship (minimum 30 hours per week) in the Memphis metropolitan area. The TI Fellowship program will designate a list of pre-approved providers. The pre-approved experiences by the TI Fellowship will be 10 weeks in length beginning May 31, 2014 and ending August 10, 2014. For more information regarding the meaningful summer experience, please read this.
- TI Fellows will be required to live in housing provided by the TI Fellowship with other TI Fellows for the duration of the TI Fellowship program. Each house or apartment will house between two and four participants of the same sex.
- In addition to the internship requirement, TI Fellows will be required to participate in professional development and Jewish learning programs as designated by the TI Fellowship program.
- Each TI Fellowship affiliated residence will be required to host one Shabbat dinner for the other TI Fellows.
Important Deadlines and Information
- The TI Fellowship will begin May 31, 2014 and end August 10, 2014.
- Due date for applications is Friday, February 7, 2014.
- Interviews with companies / organizations will be scheduled in the following weeks after the application deadline.
- A scheduled interview does not necessarily guarantee that an applicant has been admitted into the program.
- Acceptance to the Fellowship will be granted on a rolling basis following the application deadline of February 7, 2014.
- Applicants will be notified of their acceptance or placement on the wait list no later than March 31, 2014.
- Whether or not selected to be a TI Fellow, every applicant’s resume will be shared with Fellowship Providers offering individuals an alternate way to secure an opportunity this summer in Memphis.
- Applicants are prohibited from contacting any Fellowship Provider(s) as it relates to the application process.